Open Source Windows Bitcoin Wallet Generator
BitAddressOffline is a Windows Offline Bitcoin Wallet Generator. Now Bitcoin addresses and their corresponding private key can be securely generated in your Windows PC. This software will work offline which ensures you get 100% security. This open source tool allows you to secure your bitcoins yourself without depending on third party solutions.
The bitaddressoffline.org project provides a windows downloadable tool and it works 100% offline, you can take this tool and place directly in a machine that has never been connected to the internet and it will work. It randomly creates a public, private key pair which can be securely noted by you.
Here is a link to the BitcoinTalk.org forum topic discussing this project: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=43496.0
Github link: BitAddress Project
END USER NOTES:
- When you start the software you need to move the mouse for about 30 seconds this acts as input for the randomization. Once this is done "Generate address" button will become enabled.
- You can choose from legacy bitcoin address to Bech32 segwit address.
- You need to have .Net framework installed.
- Remember to save your private key and write it down on a piece of paper as the tool does not store your public or private keys.
- If you lose the private key you lose your bitcoins!